Feathered legs on a EE chick?? PIC ADDED Umm, not EE's after all!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Pumpkinpup, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I hatched out two EE eggs for someone else. They brought me the eggs. One baby has featheres legs? Is that normal???? I just don't know as I have never had any of these.

Revised to say I found out these were not EE eggs but suposed to be true Ameracaunas...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG]

You can see the little yellow fuzz down it's leg clearly in this pic.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Everything is normal on a EE chick. THey are not a breed just mutt chickens that lay colored eggs. REmember it hatched from a EE egg the roo daddy way be a cochin.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    That's the fun with EE's. They are not pure bred. They are mutts and have a wide genetic background to pull from. You never can predict what will hatch from those eggs.

5. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Thanks for the scoup! I have NO experience with EE's at all so didn't know what to expect, lol. It was just a surprise. It's a cute little buggar!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

When I used to raise Ameraucanas (and I mean true Ameraucanas), I had one chick that hatched with a few feather stubs on her legs. They were from good lines, so no idea why that popped up. Just a fluke, I guess. With EEs, anything goes, of course.

7. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I have RIR with feathered legs! [​IMG] well they used to be RIR...now they're jus' cute [​IMG]

8. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Well news flash, I was just informed that these were suposed to be true Ameracanas as well, oops! Not sure now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by