feathers wont grow

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
Tiki is an almost 15 week old brabanter. Tiki was a runt and pretty much hand raised by my daughter.
Tiki has always looked scrawny and rather ugly. She is I think, still underweight as her breast bone is very prominent.
Tonight I was tormenting /holding her and took a moment to enhance her discomfort and look at her shoulder. She has had a bald spot there where no feathers have ever been. I noticed. Tonight there are. Lots of feathers, however, they look like they are still in that sheath ne feathers start in. I think the pic shows it decently

072111133734.jpg

Are the other birds pecking at her feathers when the are trying to grow in?
You could use blue kote to distract them away from the area....or you could get here a saddle with shoulder pads to keep the area covered.
Hope this helps!

Quote:
I wish it were pecking, that way I could fix it. But no, even when she was in the brooder alone she had bald spots, the others eventually grew. In. This spot just won't grow. The skin looks great. No hot spots, bites, or wounds of any kind. There's just 3 of them. The oldest 2 raised together. The younger is half their age, but well accepted in their little flock.
The ducks dogs and cats don't have access to her

Back
Top Bottom