feb 4 th

ameraucanacrazy

Songster
10 Years
Feb 11, 2009
macon,ga
I decided to get 17 hatchery choice geese from Ideal and was wondering if anyone has ordered from them before and if the geese are nice and have a good tempers. I am sssssssooooooo excited

Last edited:
I am excited to hear and see what you get.
pop.gif

th.gif

The Pilgrims I ordered had white bibs, white wing tips, and very few of the ones that weren't too grey or too white ended up being snow white (something you shouldn't breed into your flock) and solid grey (no face markings at all).

Some of the Tufted Romans had tufts, but not many. Most of them were white birds of varying sizes that could have been mistaken for small Embdens, hatchery stock Embdens, or maybe-Romans.

The American Buffs were really blotchy and had a lot of grey in them. They were extremely undersized.

Personality-wise no one attacked me (but I didn't keep any beyond the six-month mark and through the breeding season). They were a little hissy, a little chatty, but I think part of it was that they could feel how disappointed I was in them and, honestly, it wasn't their fault.

Those are the only breeds I ever ordered from Ideal. I didn't even break even on them when I sold them out as mixed breed geese: I had ordered 32 of each breed with the idea that I would cull down to the ones that looked the best. I never ordered from them again.

With that being said, they were healthy birds, they were packaged well, and if you ignored what they were supposed to look like, they were pretty.

I am so sorry my computer shut down and I just got it back up. But I got them they moved the date to the 9th but they are okay and and are as cute as a button. I got one tufted roman and I think the rest are white Chinese. One question is there any breed of domesticated goose that the babies are solid yellow that are not white Chinese. I will post pics tomorrow.

I only have white Chinese but I think other white breeds would be yellow as babies. When we see pictures some people will know what you have right away. Congratulations on your new additions.

Back
Top Bottom