Guesses on gender please

Birdnubie

Chirping
Jul 21, 2022
My geese are 4 1/2 months old. Two are American Buff and two are Brown Chinese geese. One of the Chinese has had wry neck since a few days after hatch but seems to be doing okay so far. Can you tell their gender from the pictures at this age? From their aggressive behavior, I think I may have all males! They are very destructive and chew everything, so I need to decide what to do going forward so that my house is not completely destroyed. They are also starting to charge at my kids and husband. It would help to know what gender they are before making decisions. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    903 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0674.jpeg
    IMG_0674.jpeg
    988.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0634.jpeg
    IMG_0634.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0671.jpeg
    IMG_0671.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    712.9 KB · Views: 8
The buffs are pretty long in the neck already. I'd guess those are both males. I'm not familiar with the Chinese. Are any making a loud honk yet?

I personally keep my geese in my goat pasture. I can't imagine them running amok. The amount of poop they produce and all the things they chew on and mess with aren't something I want everywhere. I didn't handle mine too much so they run the other way if I get too close.

The amount of poop they produce and all the things they chew on and mess with aren't something I want everywhere.
You wouldn't love our yard :) - they like to sit right at the bottom of our deck stairs.

I made them a hay rack so they can eat grass in their run and they have already begun tearing it apart after two nights! :(

Back
Top Bottom