February 2023 hatch-a-long

Crazy wind in Nova Scotia right now and my power flickered 🫤. Crossing my fingers it stays on and I don’t have to pack my incubator up to take to someone else’s house. Ugh. I need a generator.
Yikes! Hope it stays on for you. We lost it during my last incubation and I was at work with my husband home. I asked him to cover the incubator with blankets and he never saw my text! Thankfully it wasn't off long so the temp never really dropped in the incubator.

Nice to know that there's more Canadians on BYC :thumbsup
Absolutely! 🇨🇦 Hard to get relevant products/resources sometimes being north of the border. I actually ordered my incubator from Amazon US just because I couldn’t find any good reviews on available products in Canada (for the size and type I was looking for) I’m new on here and imagine I will be seeking lots of advice :)
First time with chickens for me!

Absolutely! 🇨🇦 Hard to get relevant products/resources sometimes being north of the border. I actually ordered my incubator from Amazon US just because I couldn’t find any good reviews on available products in Canada (for the size and type I was looking for) I’m new on here and imagine I will be seeking lots of advice :)
Yeah this is my first year owning chickens too!

Yikes! Hope it stays on for you. We lost it during my last incubation and I was at work with my husband home. I asked him to cover the incubator with blankets and he never saw my text! Thankfully it wasn't off long so the temp never really dropped in the incubator.
Wind has died down and power stayed on! Thank goodness. Last power outage was a whole 7 days!

I got a IncuView incubator second-hand

yes everyone has what works and most feel their way is best or the only way. I put out what worked for me but also say do what works best for you. :) Not every egg, incubator or person are going to fit into the same mold.
Appreciate you sharing it! I've learned a lot from what you and others have shared so far on this thread. I love hearing about everyone's experiences with past hatches and current hatch.

Nice! I couldn’t find much second hand around here and ordered a kebbonix. Starting small and see how things go!

I may have two extra eggs stacked on top 🫣 but I couldn’t resist getting the two available svart hona eggs.
I almost ordered the kebbonix. Had it in my Amazon cart for weeks! It looks like a fantastic incubator and I love the size. Was going to keep it in the kitchen. Lol. Not sure I made the right choice for the styrofoam one, but too late to change that now. Haha. Didn’t really think about cleaning, which should be interesting with a styrofoam incubator. 🥴

Back
Top Bottom