February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
@junior67 Still on Day 20 until 7:30pm tonight. Last check a few moments ago, I have one live chick in the brooder, 14 externally pipped, 9 nothing yet, and the two I accidentally cracked earlier with no progress yet. Active ones are wiggling, peeping and chewing away!
Wow!!!! So a bit ahead of me. Think at noonish I started day 20. I have one pip. But mine are soooo quiet and still. I am going to be so nervous till they are out.

Wow!!!! So a bit ahead of me. Think at noonish I started day 20. I have one pip. But mine are soooo quiet and still. I am going to be so nervous till they are out.
My Day 20 started at 7:30pm last night. At that time, I had one pip and all were quiet and still. Resting up for today's activities. I suppose most of them will sleep and rest all day, and I'll have an incubator full of babies in the morning. :lol:

And here I go….scared, nervous, and excited all at once. There are 15 Ayam Cemani eggs and 5 Cochin. The Cochins are just because I know they are fertile and I need to increase those numbers just a little. Even if I only get one to hatch.

Attachments

• 51B50FE9-1385-48C6-A960-9536611F568D.jpeg
    51B50FE9-1385-48C6-A960-9536611F568D.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 83C10142-52C0-4929-A740-70B31AFCFC9A.jpeg
    83C10142-52C0-4929-A740-70B31AFCFC9A.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 4
My Day 20 started at 7:30pm last night. At that time, I had one pip and all were quiet and still. Resting up for today's activities. I suppose most of them will sleep and rest all day, and I'll have an incubator full of babies in the morning. :lol:
Normally when mine internally pip they peep away. I have only heard a couple quiet peeps even when candling this morning

My last hatch I had 3 AC eggs all 3 hatched girls. in that batch I also only got 3 males, and they are all good ones.

Today is day 16 for my shipped eggs and one of my hen's eggs, I have other of my hen's eggs due on later dates.

I cleaned up my storage unit where I usually brood chicks, and also set up a brooder in my coop incase my broodies want to raise chicks. I have one broody who acts like a blob.

I’m considering pulling the two eggs that seem to be quitters. I’m having trouble with deciding. No changes in 3 days, no movement. It’s day 10. Am I being presumptuous? I had to stack 2 eggs to begin with because I over ordered (14 eggs in a 12 capacity) but the two I feel are quitters are ones I really want. I’m leaning towards pulling them now to give the strong ones a better chance.

I’m considering pulling the two eggs that seem to be quitters. I’m having trouble with deciding. No changes in 3 days, no movement. It’s day 10. Am I being presumptuous? I had to stack 2 eggs to begin with because I over ordered (14 eggs in a 12 capacity) but the two I feel are quitters are ones I really want. I’m leaning towards pulling them now to give the strong ones a better chance.
If I am not sure I leave them. If I am sure I remove them. If there are veins I always leave them.

Back
Top Bottom