February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
My day 11 check in showed everyone looking good but one EE. I’m pegging it as a potential quitter at this point even tho I can hardly see a thing. When I turn it I see some shadowing, no veining so I’m thinking it’s all yolk. Not confident on it tho so will leave longer and see.

For some reason I realllllly want the houdan and it was never a breed I considered. After looking into it I’m quite excited about it.

Houdan egg development in picture :love

Attachments

• 5C97E750-CFC3-4299-8DBA-2FEDB0D120BD.png
    5C97E750-CFC3-4299-8DBA-2FEDB0D120BD.png
    793.6 KB · Views: 3
It's wonderful to see how well most of the hatches are doing so far. Some seriously adorable pics. :love

I candled my day 6 mystery farm eggs and it looked like a hearbeat (throbbing movement). No idea what I was seeing.... but at least there was movement.... Except for the blackhole egg. Can't see a thing on that one.

Main batch eggs go into lockdown on Tuesday. The local eggs look dark - full of chick. Can hardly see anything other than the air cell. Shipped eggs are still alive, but not as "filled" as the local eggs.

I am still waiting on my last 2 eggs. This is the latest I have ever had any hatch. One has a pip. I checked to be sure it was still alive and was peeping away. One has no internal or external pip but I swear I still see movement, but starting to lose hope for that one with nothing and I am almost at day 21.5

I think I have only lost 2 total after lockdown in my 4 hatches last year and 2 this year, before this one..... Thinking I may lose 2 this one makes me sad. 😥. But trying to just focus on the 8 that have hatched and 1 pipped.

Back
Top Bottom