February Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Well my incubator has been rounded up and setup. Getting the temp and humidity good before the eggs arrive. Had such a good hatch with my ducks a few years back then utter failure last year with the chickens, but as I've lost my rooster I've decided to go a different way with my breeding. The batch of eggs coming, even if they hatch, most won't be kept, but it will be fun IDing the breeds :) About 3 or 4 of the breeds would be iffy for keeping. So, we shall see.

20190217_113640-1.jpg

9 babies so far with a possible 2 more coming. Lots of whites and a lovely mix of other colors. I got them a better heat lamp and they're much happier, falling over to sleep wherever.

Just set 40 welsummer eggs on the 14th. Would like to join in hatch along if it's not too late.

Was planning on starting yet but was an emergency set as a gentleman's flock got wiped out by a predator in 1 night.

As it's a February hatch-a-long I would think if you set in February post in here unless you set last day or two of February. But that's just my opinion. I'm not often in the hatch-a-longs.
Sorry about your losses. Hopefully, you can hatch some of his youngins out.

Anywho This is the list of my possibilities in case anyone was interested
Black Copper Marans
Cuckoo Marans
Phoenix
Welsummer
Ameraucana
Wheaton Marans
White Leghorn
Lavender Orpington
Buff Orpington
Silver Laced Wyandot
Cochin
Rhode Island Red
Australorp
Olive Egger
Easter Egger
Ayem Cemani
Polish
DeathLayer (only two hens in this group)
Cream Legbars
Crested Cream Legbar
Salmon Feverolle
Bielefelder
Golden Laced Wyandot
Silver Laced Wyandot
26 or more eggs altogether

Anywho This is the list of my possibilities in case anyone was interested
Black Copper Marans
Cuckoo Marans
Phoenix
Welsummer
Ameraucana
Wheaton Marans
White Leghorn
Lavender Orpington
Buff Orpington
Silver Laced Wyandot
Cochin
Rhode Island Red
Australorp
Olive Egger
Easter Egger
Ayem Cemani
Polish
DeathLayer (only two hens in this group)
Cream Legbars
Crested Cream Legbar
Salmon Feverolle
Bielefelder
Golden Laced Wyandot
Silver Laced Wyandot
26 or more eggs altogether

You are hatching all of those? That's a lot of breed's! On those Deathlayer's, was there a Deathlayer roo over those 2 or will they be mixed?

Back
Top Bottom