february hatch along

Pics
Mine have that! I got a 13$ heating pad with always on function ( make sure it has that) and put it on one of those small coated wire shelves that you put in a kitchen cabinet for storage. You can do a search for " mama hen brooder" and find lots of information about it too.
thanks that is the heating pad that im getting i got some chicken wire to go under it will that work i put tape on all the ends or should i use a cookie cooler rack

First time hatcher here. We set 11 Lavender/Lavender Mottled/Porcelain Pure English Orpington eggs on Feb 1st. We bought them on eBay. We thought we saw some movement in the air cell on one so that one is sitting upright in an egg carton, and we are tilting instead of turning. We have 9 "bigs", that we bought as chicks, three years ago, and added 7 "littles" last spring. We are candling on Wednesday, fingers crossed!

I'm super nervous about incubating the duck eggs I've ordered. I've read that they are super duper hard to incubate. (Muscovy.) Anyone have any tips other than the master thread about incubating muscovy hatching eggs? I've read that about 10 times now. lol

Eggs in lock down today and I already saw 5 out of 8 rocking already!! This is my first time hatching, does that mean they might be early hatchers? I kept the temp as best I could at 99.5 with the 1602n Hova. Getting the humidity up is a tough one though! I finally got up to 65% with a washcloth and 2 sponges.

Remember, even a pip on day 18 doesn't mean early hatcher, they are only an early hatcher if they hatch on their own early.

I have a brown egg that just hatched I had F4 (feb. 4th) written on it. I gave it the extra day though, and it hatched on it's time, not my excitement.

I hope you have a good healthy hatch!

How is every ones hatch going it is the end of day three and I can’t wait tell day seven already I see that four are fertile :D:weethat is supper exciting :fl:pop can’t wait tell lock down good luck with every ones hatch

Back
Top Bottom