February/March 2017 Hatch-a-long

10 hours is awhile to go with only a pip please pray for them they are still alive, l think
If it makes you feel better I had several chicks pip and not hatch for more than 12 hours. They pip to breath and must wait for the yolk to absorb before they hatch. So I wouldn't worry to much just make sure the humidity stays up.
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f423.png

She only had one egg for you to hatch from her? I hope it all goes well. Those Dominique sure are pretty. Just be careful not to candle too much and jostle them around. I know it's hard. I candled a ton on my first hatch. Not that I've hatched all that much. I'm on my 4th hatch now. :-D

She only had one egg I could definitively say was hers. I just have Dominique chickens so I never could tell who's egg was who's

I'm on day 5 of my first hatch ever! I lost my favorite Dominique hen to a mystery illness at less than a year old. So of course I'm going to hatch her last egg.

I bought a Brinsea Eco and some shipped eggs, 5 speckled Sussex, a black copper maran, a super blue egg layer, and ameriflower, and a Carolina blue sex link. The variety was from MPC and the speckled Sussex from Meyer. I've been candling for three days because I'm so obsessed I couldn't wait till day 7. Everyone looks good so far.

I'm only 5 days in but I already have my next 2 hatches planned!

I think we may share a "due date" , March 15th

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom