February/March 2017 Hatch-a-long

we have 5 babies out so far, I'll take some pics in a bit.

The kids are over the moon, we have a snow day here today so they are home from school

Two out the Super Blue Egg layer and the Dominique. The Ameriflower has pipped and is rocking and rolling, Pretty sure the Blue-sex link and the BCM have died though, the five speckled Sussex eggs aren't technically due till Thursday since I put them in a day later, so I'm not worried about them yet.

We have 6 out now

What incubator are you using?
HovaBator Genesis. It the first time using it.

We used to have one of the cheapy ones from tractor supply, loved that thing, but unfortunatley it had an accident with the garage doorbeing closed on it, so my hubby bought me this one for valentines day :)

So far, I love this one too. haven't had any temp spikes or drops, and it has a plastic water holder cover in the base, its been calibrated to specific humidity, depending on how many channels you fill, and it seems crazy accurate.

Well, I am out. I just checked the eggs under my hens and they are either clear or quitters. I was kind of afraid this might happen as 2 were trying to sit the same nest. Then when I went out today there was a 3rd hen that was on the eggs and my main sitter was in another nest. Maybe next time.

idunno.gif

sad.png

Well, I am out.  I just checked the eggs under my hens and they are either clear or quitters.  I was kind of afraid this might happen as 2 were trying to sit the same nest.  Then when I went out today there was a 3rd hen that was on the eggs and my main sitter was in another nest.  Maybe next time.

:idunno

:(

Aww, boo. That's no fun. I'm thinking of candling the ones under my broody, but she makes really angry noises when I touch her.

Mine were kind of growly with me, too. I started out just petting them a bit while they sat then started to reach under. I had only left 9 eggs under them and when I collected them to candle today there were 20!!!! Some of the clears were probably fresh enough to eat, but I have plenty and didn't really want to chance it.

Back
Top Bottom