February/March 2017 Hatch-a-long

Ok I had 20 mix breed eggs in the incubator that are sopost to hatch today well I had 2 of them hatch early yesterday morning I left them in the incubator all day to see if any others would hatch but nothing so I took the 2 out and put them in the brooder and when i got up today they are both on there backs with there eyes closed and cold as a rock but still alive what happened did they just get cold and close to dieing or dose hatching early have something to do with it

Ok I had 20 mix breed eggs in the incubator that are sopost to hatch today well I had 2 of them hatch early yesterday morning I left them in the incubator all day to see if any others would hatch but nothing so I took the 2 out and put them in the brooder and when i got up today they are both on there backs with there eyes closed and cold as a rock but still alive what happened did they just get cold and close to dieing or dose hatching early have something to do with it

Sometimes they are dumb when they are newly hatched and will forget to go back under the heat. Sometimes they fall over and have a hard time flipping back over. I keep a close eye on the dummies for the first few days. You can block off part of the broody so they can't get far from the heat.

40 eggs is the incubator set to hatch today or tomorrow! Woke up this am to 2 pips
1f64c-1f3fc.png
Praying all continues to progress well. This is my first hatch. Temp seemed to have dropped (not sure if that is normal given the rise in humidity)
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

Back
Top Bottom