February/March 2017 Hatch-a-long

Help!!!! My nephew snuck into the room and took an quail egg out of lockdown and opened it up!!! Luckily it was by the aircell and the baby is moving around in there!! It's day 17. I've put some coconut oil on the membrane to stop it from getting dry and put it straight back in. I'm worried out of my mind
1f622.png

Haha they do flop everywhere! At what point should I take it out? It's still a little wet but knocking all the other eggs all over

I think that's personal preference. I wait until it has a buddy since they tend to cheep endlessly when they are by themselves. Some people wait until all the eggs are hatched.

Help!!!! My nephew snuck into the room and took an quail egg out of lockdown and opened it up!!! Luckily it was by the aircell and the baby is moving around in there!! It's day 17. I've put some coconut oil on the membrane to stop it from getting dry and put it straight back in. I'm worried out of my mind
1f622.png

Nothing much you can do now but wait and see. I think you did the right thing by moisturizing the membrane. Hopefully it'll be ok.

End of day 21 and 8 chicks, 2 pips so far out of 21 eggs. Hopefully a few more by morning. 1 turken, 2 euskal oilas, 1 lemon orp and 4 americaunas. Marans will start tomorrow!

Ok the quail egg that my nephew cracked open has internally pipped but there's some blood and the veins are still visable. Has it tore a vein? And if so will it be ok? It's beak is opening and closing

Ok the quail egg that my nephew cracked open has internally pipped but there's some blood and the veins are still visable. Has it tore a vein? And if so will it be ok? It's beak is opening and closing

It's normal to have veins when they internally pip. They have to breath before the veins recede. A little blood is ok. Like a few drops. It should now rest for hours and probably even more hours. As long as it's breathing, it is probably ok.

It's normal to have veins when they internally pip. They have to breath before the veins recede. A little blood is ok. Like a few drops. It should now rest for hours and probably even more hours. As long as it's breathing, it is probably ok.
Oh thank god!! Well most have pipped I'd say only 3 out of 25 haven't so that's pretty good!! Now it's the waiting game
1f601.png
exciting!!!!

hopefully your little quail makes it. I currently have 28 eggs sitting in my incubator it's now day 14. All the eggs are barnyard mixes of cochin bantams. I had a failed hatch due to the thermostat breaking in my incubator last month so this one I am watching like a hawk.
yippiechickie.gif

hopefully your little quail makes it.  I currently have 28 eggs sitting in my incubator it's now day 14.  All the eggs are barnyard mixes of cochin bantams. I had a failed hatch due to the thermostat breaking in my incubator last month so this one I am watching like a hawk.  :yiipchick
That's the same as me my incubator cooked my last lot so I've been watching it too lol. It's true what they say it is addicting!! I'll cross my fingers for you to have a good hatch
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom