Febuary hatch a long

Quote: Mine will sometimes get that high if someone opens the curtain behind my incubator because then the sun shines in the window and makes the incubator hotter. It even got up to 107 because they opened the curtain for a long period of time. But other than that it is a stable 102.

Sorry I'm a day late with my day 14 results..I am still at 19 wiggling eggs with nice air sac developement..yes I have pics but they wont load so as. Soon as I can I will

i'm on day 15. one more isn't firtle. so 16/18 are fertile and one seems to be a quitter.. my pics aren't tht good but here ya go:

I'm on day 16/17. Lockdown is tomorrow night at midnight! Looks like I'll be locking down five eggs, but I'll do the final candle and see for sure tomorrow.

I candled my eggs and from what I can tell I have 2 clears and 2 quitters. It is so hard to see inside the copper maran eggs they are so dark, but I can at least see if there is something going on by the darkness or lightness of the egg.! My temps seem to sway between 99 and 102. I don't think I will put the incubator in that room again. I can't keep a consistant temp in there. I may have to put up a heavy cover or curtain on the window, because I think that may be the problem. It seems like during the day that room is the hotest in in the house. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
fl.gif

I recently made a fan for my still air incubator using a PC fan and a 5.8 volt AC/DC plug.
I put it in my incubator and it was working fine, but after about an hour I noticed that the plug was warm to the touch.
Is this something that I should be concerned about? I really don't wan't a housefire, but then again who does?
Is it normal for the plug to be warm?

Thanks

On day 17! Lockdown is tomorrow. Five out of six seem to be doing great last time I candled. Two are on day twelve and I'm worried about turning them during the others' lockdown. How detrimental is it really to open the incubator during lockdown? I've never done it before but then again I've never had a staggered hatch before. Im also worried about the hatchlings kicking around the 5 day younger eggs. I'll have to come up with some kind of divider to keep them from rolling the other eggs. These will be rir and rir/barred rock mixes.

On day 17! Lockdown is tomorrow. Five out of six seem to be doing great last time I candled. Two are on day twelve and I'm worried about turning them during the others' lockdown. How detrimental is it really to open the incubator during lockdown? I've never done it before but then again I've never had a staggered hatch before. Im also worried about the hatchlings kicking around the 5 day younger eggs. I'll have to come up with some kind of divider to keep them from rolling the other eggs. These will be rir and rir/barred rock mixes.

I have done staggered hatches before from 5 days to 7 days difference and they do not hurt the younger eggs by turning them, I just wait till all mine are hatched and no more pips then quickly remove them to my brooding cage, add some moisture to the remaing eggs and everything works out fine. from 5 days to 7 days difference.

Back
Top Bottom