Febuary hatch a long

Update!

So out of the four I set on Feb 1st, it turned out that they were all clear. I set three more on Feb 7th and one is fertile and growing. It's a barnyard mix. I think the roo is a RIR and the hen could have been a barred rock, cream legbar, or any of a few other standard size chickens. Even though the egg is brown I can see the embryo moving around. It's feisty!

I set 1 dozen bantam amaraucanas on Valentine's Day. It's day 4 now and I seem to have 8 growing embryos, 3 clear and 1 blood possible blood ring (not sure). I am hoping for at least two hens out of this batch.
sorry bout your loss on your first one but sounds like your on a roll with your heart day chicks

Awesome Marthab your on the home stretch now 1 1/2 days til lockdown for me until then ..I got my pullets and roos to roost finally..thanks for the advice ..
smile.png

That's great! Good luck on lockdown. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and everybody else.

I just locked down. Five silkie eggs made it to lockdown. Watching them hatch in this brinsea might be a bit tough since it's hard to see the ones in the back, but knowing me I'll find a way :p

Back
Top Bottom