Fecal float results

nparks

Chirping
Jul 29, 2016
Hi guys. Here are the results of my chickens fecal float test.
I know they need safeguard and corrid. But not sure on the doses and if the corrid can be given at the same time I’m treating the worms. Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• 13C509AD-9D2F-4E24-A33D-8FBD82EE9BD3.jpeg
    13C509AD-9D2F-4E24-A33D-8FBD82EE9BD3.jpeg
    361.9 KB · Views: 21
It appears that your fecal sample showed some coccidia, but they are rare which would be normal since all chickens carry a little.

There is significant cecal worms and a few capillary worms. I would give Valbazen 1/2 ml orally for a normal size chicken, and repeat it in 10 days. Or you could give SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound orally for 5 straight days. Do not eat eggs for 14 days after treatment if you want to avoid a possible tiny amount of the medicine in the egg. SafeGuard is usually found in feed stores, while Valbazen if not in your feed store, can be ordered here:
https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07949-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5

It appears that your fecal sample showed some coccidia, but they are rare which would be normal since all chickens carry a little.

There is significant cecal worms and a few capillary worms. I would give Valbazen 1/2 ml orally for a normal size chicken, and repeat it in 10 days. Or you could give SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound orally for 5 straight days. Do not eat eggs for 14 days after treatment if you want to avoid a possible tiny amount of the medicine in the egg. SafeGuard is usually found in feed stores, while Valbazen if not in your feed store, can be ordered here:
https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07949-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5
Thank you. I did start with one day of the safeguard before I posted but wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I have seen where I need to retreat 10 days later with the safeguard, what are your thoughts on that?

Thank you. I did start with one day of the safeguard before I posted but wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I have seen where I need to retreat 10 days later with the safeguard, what are your thoughts on that?
I would treat for 5 days in a row to treat the capillary worms. Cecal worms are a little easier to treat, but treat for both.

Back
Top Bottom