Fecal testing

I got some pictures of the feeding and worming today. My 4 year old took the pics and I think he did pretty well. First up is Rocky my cayuga whom I'm the most worried about. The 35mL of Kaytee Exact bird food mixed at 1 part food to 2 parts (plus a little more) water. Also mixed in is the wormer and extra air in the syringe to ensure all the mix is given and nothing is left in the line when done feeding.

Now it is time for Skye, my welsh harlequin. She is getting about 10mL of food plus the wormer. I used just water last time but I had extra food made and she has lost a little weight a well.

You're a pro! Over my ovation limit already today or I would have given you one. Those are great pictures!

I got some pictures of the feeding and worming today. My 4 year old took the pics and I think he did pretty well. First up is Rocky my cayuga whom I'm the most worried about. The 35mL of Kaytee Exact bird food mixed at 1 part food to 2 parts (plus a little more) water. Also mixed in is the wormer and extra air in the syringe to ensure all the mix is given and nothing is left in the line when done feeding. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Now it is time for Skye, my welsh harlequin. She is getting about 10mL of food plus the wormer. I used just water last time but I had extra food made and she has lost a little weight a well. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
Girl, look at you go.. Your a pro .. Impressive..what would we do without BYC ??

Just an update. Rocky is feeling much better and has a horse quack now. That is an improvement over not quacking at all. She also ran from me tonight when I tried to catch her. We are up to 55mL of food and she is handling it very well. I'll give her a full 60mL tomorrow morning and won't be able to give her another feeding till that night. She has been actively foraging.

Skye is also doing better. Not very much panting today even with the heat index of 107*. In the middle of the day they all started to pant a bit but once the sun went down they stopped. She also had one coughing fit this morning but that has been it.

Also my 4 year old wants to put the tube down her now. He is a bit young still but he knows where it does and doesn't go. It goes to the stomach on the side not down the middle to the lungs. Those were his words. Both kids are great at using the syringe and administering the food while I hold the tube in place. If anyone is reading this and is wondering if they can do it, yes you can!

Last edited:
Just an update. Rocky is feeling much better and has a horse quack now. That is an improvement over not quacking at all. She also ran from me tonight when I tried to catch her. We are up to 55mL of food and she is handling it very well. I'll give her a full 60mL tomorrow morning and won't be able to give her another feeding till that night. She has been actively foraging.

Skye is also doing better. Not very much panting today even with the heat index of 107*. In the middle of the day they all started to pant a bit but once the sun went down they stopped. She also had one coughing fit this morning but that has been it.

Also my 4 year old wants to put the tube down her now. He is a bit young still but he knows where it does and doesn't go. It goes to the stomach on the side not down the middle to the lungs. Those were his words. Both kids are great at using the syringe and administering the food while I hold the tube in place. If anyone is reading this and is wondering if they can do it, yes you can!
I am so happy to hear your birds are doing so well. Great job. Your kiddles are so precious for helping. Bless them.

How are they doing?

-Kathy
Rocky is quacking now and hasn't lost any more weight. She is staying steady at 2lbs 12oz for the last 3 mornings before she eats or drinks. I have the goat version of safe guard and need to know the dosage for her and Skye. Or the mL/lb and I can figure out the rest off of body weight. Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom