Fed chickens a snake

Space land

Chirping
Sep 17, 2019
My husband whipper snipped a brown snake today. I told him to feed it to the chickens. My initial thoughts were that I wanted them to kill and eat any babies that they saw. Anyway they all loved it. However when I told my mother she was worried and didn’t think I would be able to eat the eggs or that the chicken would die because they are so poisonous. I didn’t even think of this... they are all still alive several hours later, so I’m guessing they will live but will the eggs be alright?

Just my 2 cents, as long as the snake didn't bite the chickens I don't think you have anything to worry about. I would like to point out though chickens aren't really supposed to have meat in their diet other than bugs if avoidable. Although, I'm no biologist.

You will get a lot of debate n discussion on the subject of whether chickens "ought" to get meat in their diet, but as to OPs question, I know nothing of Aussie snakes so smarter folks will have to answer about the eggs.

Just my 2 cents, as long as the snake didn't bite the chickens I don't think you have anything to worry about. I would like to point out though chickens aren't really supposed to have meat in their diet other than bugs if avoidable. Although, I'm no biologist.
Is this just to avoid creating a new virus/disease? I know here it’s illegal to give meat to cows and pigs since we eat them and can give rise to diseases since they’re eating similar to us foods to us (something along those lines).

Back
Top Bottom