Fed chickens a snake

Thanks everyone for your replies. My husband did chop of the head but I told him to just throw it in there (with the chickens). I’m aware they can still bite you but I thought they’d eat it pretty quickly (and they did). I’ve heard cooking the snake renders the venom null but I obviously didn’t cook it. I’m happy to report chickens are all still alive and actually in the busyness that is life I cooked the eggs today for husband and children for dinner (forgot about this whole incident) and we are still alive and well.

Thanks everyone for your replies. My husband did chop of the head but I told him to just throw it in there (with the chickens). I’m aware they can still bite you but I thought they’d eat it pretty quickly (and they did). I’ve heard cooking the snake renders the venom null but I obviously didn’t cook it. I’m happy to report chickens are all still alive and actually in the busyness that is life I cooked the eggs today for husband and children for dinner (forgot about this whole incident) and we are still alive and well.
Reading this back to myself I realise I am a bit of a scatter brain and didn’t think many parts of this situation through

The digestive juices will break down any venom ... the roadrunner bird will actually attack the rattlesnake, kill it and eat it ... I doubt it cuts off the head and buries it so other critters won't be injured ... pigs will also eat rattlesnakes ... head and all.

I have eaten the western diamond back rattlesnake (coon tail) that I've cooked myself ... I'm still kickin' but I did not eat the head ... ;)

Mad cow disease is from mammals eating other mammals brains ...

There is not a direct connection from your chickens digestive tract, to its egg factory ... your eggs are fine to eat.
Is Mad cow the same as foot mouth? There musnt have been many options that night for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom