FedEx driver has ticked me OFF!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lolita117, Jan 31, 2012.

1. lolita117

lolita117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    Here is to my first Random Rambling...

So I ordered these awesome labels to go on my egg cartons. My first labels ever! And they so beautiful and I designed them myself. I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks for them to be printed off and then finally shipped to me. They were suppose to come today...

Here's where my frustration comes in...

My brother-in-law who I do not talk to for certain reasons owns like 5 FedEx routes. He has only been to my house once in the last 3 years that me and my hubby have lived here. Brother-in-law lives in a totally different county too. Anyways- apparently he owns the FedEx route that goes to my house (I hardly ever get anything delivered by FedEx, mostly UPS). Today the man who normally runs this FedEx route was off and so a different person who works for the Brother-in-law and is friends with the Hubby ran this route. Well, instead of coming to my house to deliver my package that I paid shipping for, he gives it to the Brother-in-law. Why? Probably because he had nothing else to deliver out this way and instead of the guy DOING HIS JOB he decided to be lazy!

So this is why I'm really mad. This guy knows that the Brother-in-law does not come to my house EVER! He knows this[​IMG]! And beyond that I PAID SHIPPING FOR IT TO BE DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE, not for it to be delivered to the brother-in-law who gives it then to the mother-in-law who lives clear across the county. Now whenever she gets home from work, 7pm? 8pm? I have to drive all the way out to her house and get what I paid to be shipped to MY HOUSE[​IMG]. Oh and to beat it all, I've been waiting all day for this package. Hubby walked in the house about 4:30, when he pulled up I thought he was FedEx. I tell him that and he is the one who told me all this. After I said, "Man, I thought you was FedEx" (He didn't know I was expecting a package). He says "FedEx isn't coming" I'm like "Whatever". He's like "No really, (Driver's name) gave your package to brother-in- law." I know this driver, so I'm like "Your joking right?" Hubs- "No" Me-"So he drives our route" Hubs - "He did today" Me - "CALL YOUR BROTHER NOW, I WANT MY PACKAGE TODAY!!!!!"

The hubs called his brother and let him know that I was perturbed (to put it nicely) and the brother-in-law said he would talk to his driver. I just can't really get over it. I think the brother-in-law should make that driver come deliver that package to my house, even if he has to do it with his own car and his own gas. But that's not going to happen.

Here's to me waiting for my package to get to the mother-in-laws house, so I can go pick it up [​IMG]

Here's my awesome labels by the way:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    I would call the main office of Fed Ex and complain to them.

Love your labels by the way.

3. jlovelady

jlovelady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2012
    I love the labels! Where did you order from? You should definately report the driver.

4. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Love your labels! I guess I didn't know that ordinary people "own" FedEx routes - I thought they were owned by FedEx, who just hired drivers to deliver. Shows what I know!

5. 3GChicks

3GChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2012
    My dad works for FedEx (he is not a driver, he has a desk job analyzing something) and he has called to complain about the driver in his area. If I were you I would call customer service and complain, not just the 800 number but also the district office and complain. Your brother-in-law should not have let the driver give him the package, especially since you paid to have it delivered to your house.

Your labels are absolutely beautiful!

6. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    We have a side door that leads to our bedroom--had to have it installed when we remodeled and put in windows too small to escape--but never use except in the summer. We have one FedEx driver who insists on delivering stuff to that door in spite of a big sign with an arrow that says "Used other door". Usually the packages are large enough that we notice they are there although some have sat overnight. A year or so ago I order new batteries for my Belkin power backup. After a month it dawned on me that I hadn't received them so I contacted the company. They, in turn, contacted FedEx who said they had been delivered. We looked all over for them until I finally thought to open the bedroom door--they were between it and the storm door.

The worst though was the FedEx driver that didn't feel like walking the 50 yds from the road to the door so left a package with a $1000 train set by the side of the road--leaning up against our garbage can along with other item there for pickup. If I hadn't happened to go out of the driveway and notice it there, it would have been taken to the dump about half an hr later. I did get that guy fired though.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Report it to the district manager, you PAID for the delivery to be sent to YOUR house, not passing the package to whomever you know or who is related to. That is against the company's rules.

8. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Definitely report the guy - doesn't matter who he knows or doesn't know - he had no business giving your package to anyone but YOU.

...and I love your labels, too!!

deb g
    KY

9. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Can't you have stuff where you have to sign for it? You personally? After you complain, make sure that YOUR signature is required in the future.

10. chick-in-florida

chick-in-florida Chillin' With My Peeps

yeah report him. and demand a refund.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by