feed sources near Baltimore, MD

on a side note, searching chickens instead of chicken on craigslist will give you different results. there are some possible chicken leads in the Mt.airy location i am looking into.

Is that where you are at? DH has family not far from there. I had to go out of town unexpectedly so I haven't had a chance to go to the Feed Store yet. Hoping to soon. Asked my neighbor to send me Cathy's email, but she wasn't feeling well and probably forgot. I can follow up if you like, but I would be surprised if there wasn't someone closer to you in Mt Airy for chickens.

I live in Baltimore County (Perry Hall), Mt Airy has been the closest confirmed place to get chickens that i have been able to find. I do think churchville is slightly closer however, so i would appreciate the email if you are able to get it. DH? let me know the results of the feed plus visit.

Thanks,
Andrew

I got my girls for Kathy also, very nice person. a good source that has better prices then TSC is a feed store on Rt 136 about a 1/2 mile south of rt 22. I forget the name, but they are near Walter G. Cole.

Cathy's email address that my neighbor has is [email protected]. The feed store doesn't have organic ( he ordered it for someone but they never came by to buy it so it sat for 6 mths) , but did have the Blue Seal you speak of. I bought some because I needed more, but he says it is the same as purina layena, just a different brand. The packaging says that there is no animal protein, only plant protein. It is amount the same price frm what I remember paying at The Mill in Bel Air. I don't think I will be getting it again though if it isn't organic. I do my best not to get non organic soy and I don't want want my chickens to eat it either.
Scrapman I will have to look into the store you are referring to on Saturday.

frow.gif

The packaging says that there is no animal protein, only plant protein. It is amount the same price frm what I remember paying at The Mill in Bel Air. I don't think I will be getting it again though if it isn't organic. I do my best not to get non organic soy and I don't want want my chickens to eat it either.
Scrapman I will have to look into the store you are referring to on Saturday.
I am a little confused, are you saying you get organic feed from the mill for about the same price as the non organic blue seal feed?

Andrew

No, the blue seal that isn't organic is the same as purina at The Mill. I also realized I am probably giving them non organic soy with purina anyway so I will be looking into that. Hopefully, Saturday I can ck out the other feed mill scrapman mentioned. I also remembered that my neighbor bought Daisy flour in PA in bluk and she said they sold organic chicken feed. I haven't had time to follow up with it, but I plan to. She didn't ask about cost of the feed when she bought the flour.

Hi madamwlf!

Back
Top Bottom