feed sources near Baltimore, MD

Organicfeedmill.com

Organic Unlimited does have 2 distributors in Maryland one is Delmarva Feed & Farm in Kennedyville 21645 & Black Bottom Farms in Galena 21645. They have both soy & no soy organic feed.

Yes I saw that, but the location in PA is actually closer for me. We are in Harford County by the Susquehanna River. Do you buy the no soy organic feed? How much is it?

Yes I saw that, but the location in PA is actually closer for me. We are in Harford County by the Susquehanna River. Do you buy the no soy organic feed? How much is it?
It was $25.80/50lbs. at the mill last week. The mill is 45 miles from here and their closest supplier is 23 miles away. I have been lobbying my local feed store to carry it, but they haven't bitten yet. I am planning a trip to Spring City this week to buy a couple bags at Pughtown Agway. There price was $30.50 last week. I had been using a transitional no soy feed from a local Amish guy, but I feel the quality is not the same as it was a few years ago.

Hi everyone! I too am in MD, Southern Calvert County, to be more specific. I am looking for non soy feed but that's as far as I've gotten since my chicks are still in their shells.

I also spoke with Cathy in Mt. Airy lol.( Lavender Orps ) Small world!

I'm willing to travel if I can find non GMO and non soy feed. Any suggestions?

You pretty much only have the option of ordering feed if you want non-soy, and Countryside would be the closest. They have a monthly pick up in Leesburg, VA. I just moved from southern AA/Calvert after living there for almost 17 years, and the feedstores there only have soy-based feed. I heard a rumor of a rumor about some Lusby/surrounding area BYcers thinking of getting together to order Countryside by the pallet , but I don't know any more than that.

You pretty much only have the option of ordering feed if you want non-soy, and Countryside would be the closest. They have a monthly pick up in Leesburg, VA. I just moved from southern AA/Calvert after living there for almost 17 years, and the feedstores there only have soy-based feed. I heard a rumor of a rumor about some Lusby/surrounding area BYcers thinking of getting together to order Countryside by the pallet , but I don't know any more than that.

Thank you for the info. I would definitely be interested in participating in this. If you ever hear anything else or can put me in touch with someone, I'd be greatly appreciative.

It's been two months since this thread. Finally picked up some Vintage Feed (Organic Unlimited) no soy layer pellets yesterday. Did anyone else get around to trying this? I will report back after the girls eat it for a few weeks. It smelled great & they dove right in, pushing out their old feed. Time will tell how they do on it.

I have not, but glad to hear that your chickens took to it right away. I will get around to getting some soon, but I have to do a trip to PA first. Thanks for sharing and look forward to hearing how they do on it.

Back
Top Bottom