1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Feed store chickens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Beefcake15, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Beefcake15

Beefcake15 In the Brooder

Oct 23, 2012
    Colorado
    Can anybody tell me what kind the grey, white, or brown chickens are. They are from a feed store. I gave always bought from hatcheries and known what I was getting. But I can't figure these out?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    The gray/blue ones actually look like Andalusians to me, if they are, interesting find at a feed store. The little white rooster kind of looks like a white plymouth rock, though he is big enough might be a cornish rock. The brown/reds look like some sort of RIR or production red, do they all have yellow feet? The two tone light/dark brown look like EEs

3. Beefcake15

Beefcake15 In the Brooder

Oct 23, 2012
    Colorado
    Yes there were 4 ee's, a silver laced wyndotte rooster, a golden laced wyndotte pullet, 2 bar rocks (but kind of look like my cuckoo marans), one black austalorp (I think and I can't tell if pullet or rooster), the red/ brown ones have all yellow legs no dark lines on them. There are 5 pullets in the brown/reds and one rooster. I love the white rooster the Wyandotte rooster already tries to peck my hand. I got 15 pullets and 5 straight runs I believe 4 out of the 5 straight runs are roosters. Oops! I was thinking they looked like andalusians too, but also thought that was odd for a feed store, they are very pretty. Thank you so much for your help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: