Feed waste, to soak or not soak

my girls might be spoiled but when I make my coffee in the morning, they get nice hot water over their bowl of crumble and some chopped veg on top. it creates a nice warm meal and they don't waste a drop! hot tip - when you open a can of tuna put that water in their feed too. they'll love ya

So wait! You're like me . . . in the reading stage; no flock . . . yet!!! Uww, cool, we'll be neophytes at this together. When are you looking to get some ladies? Oh, by the way, I am thinking between tomorrow and Sunday. Gonna go to TS and see what they have. We stopped by for a visit last Saturday and I was crazy gleeful. At that time they had some a week old. I would really like to get some chicks older than a day or two. I hope they either have some left or got some more.

I have this way cool playpen/brooder arriving today. It is lime green, white mesh; too cute. I will be brooding them in my sewing room OR here in my "She area/play room for me" or maybe in my living room. Lord knows I don't use it for anything other than walking through it to get to the bedroom or kitchen. :rolleyes:
Yup! No chickens yet! I've been in the reading stage waaayy too long!

My run/coop is still being put together. Have to wrap more mesh. Waiting for hubby to trench a waterline out to the run. It's been too hot to work outside (until the sun sets), so it's slow progress. I'm hoping we'll be ready within the month (or two?).

I also would like buff orpingtons! I'm planning on starting with 2 or 3 hens only. Had a similar idea of starting slow and getting the hang of things before going bigger.

I'd actually like to start with pullets or young hens. Don't feel like doing the brooder/chick thing, lol! (Been there, done that with button quail.) There's someone I found out here that has/sells buff Orpingtons of various ages.

Be sure to post pics when you have your brooder setup and your chicks! Would love to see!

Yup! No chickens yet! I've been in the reading stage waaayy too long!

My run/coop is still being put together. Have to wrap more mesh. Waiting for hubby to trench a waterline out to the run. It's been too hot to work outside (until the sun sets), so it's slow progress. I'm hoping we'll be ready within the month (or two?).

I also would like buff orpingtons! I'm planning on starting with 2 or 3 hens only. Had a similar idea of starting slow and getting the hang of things before going bigger.

I'd actually like to start with pullets or young hens. Don't feel like doing the brooder/chick thing, lol! (Been there, done that with button quail.) There's someone I found out here that has/sells buff Orpingtons of various ages.

Be sure to post pics when you have your brooder setup and your chicks! Would love to see!
Will do. Meanwhile, it is before 0600, gotta go to work today; ugggh. Then again, work allows me to buy chicks so . . . "Yay!"

Have a good one, my Precious.

Back
Top Bottom