Feeding Chicks

This isn't the same brand (I couldn't find a photo), but this is what I remember it looking like, like they took adult pellets and chopped them up.
1419028196294-230721420.gif

This isn't the same brand (I couldn't find a photo), but this is what I remember it looking like, like they took adult pellets and chopped them up.
1419028196294-230721420.gif
Definitely interesting.

Most crumbles do seem to be chopped or broken up pellets, but I'm used to them being quite a bit smaller than what you show.

Yes, I can see that feeding those to newly-hatched chicks would not work very well.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy😋. I'm glad that you knew what the poster was talking about and could help them. I learned a lot in this little tangent.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy😋. I'm glad that you knew what the poster was talking about and could help them. I learned a lot in this little tangent.
Nope, not crazy. You just had experience with a different brand of food, that was using the same labels to talk about a slightly different thing. ;)

I have Kalmbach flockmaker crumbles which appears to be their grower feed. (I feed it to my whole Silkie flock) It does not have any visible grain chunks in it. It appears to be a similar consistency to Purina crumbles.

I just picked up Flock Raiser crumbles for my chickens, because I will be mixing chicks in with them in a month or so. I now remember why I like Kalmbach Flock Maker over Purina. Purina is like dust & it costs $4 more per 50 lbs. Kalmbach just has a better consistency! Glad I only bought 1 bag, I'll have to go out to the Kalmbach feed store in a few weeks.

I just picked up Flock Raiser crumbles for my chickens, because I will be mixing chicks in with them in a month or so. I now remember why I like Kalmbach Flock Maker over Purina. Purina is like dust & it costs $4 more per 50 lbs. Kalmbach just has a better consistency! Glad I only bought 1 bag, I'll have to go out to the Kalmbach feed store in a few weeks.
I think the Purina prices went up. We just discovered about a month ago that Kalmbach is currently cheaper than Purina.

Back
Top Bottom