feeding corn

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Sam208, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Sam208

Sam208 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    I was wanting to know dose feeding cracked corn to Xrocks dose it do more harm than good to them fat wise?

could someing please tell them if it make them taste is any better are not with the aid of corn with feed?

thanks sam

2. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Just cracked corn? That doesn't provide adequate nutrients. If you're talking about corn IN the feed, I'd say the majority of your feed IS cracked corn.

3. Sam208

Jun 3, 2009
    thanks that is what i was wanting to know about the broiler feed is it mostly corn?

4. jaku

Quote:Yup, I forget the percentages, but the majority of it is corn.

5. Sam208

Jun 3, 2009
    is that what laying mesh is mostly corn?

thank sam

6. jaku

Quote:I think it's all mostly corn- at least the mill ground stuff. It's hard to tell what the little grey indistinguishable pellets that make up prebagged food are actually made of!

7. Sam208

Jun 3, 2009
    thats what i was thinking i cant really tell what the prebaged suff as in it.

thank sam

8. seramas

seramas Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2009
    Because of the speed which the Cornish X grows at, a corn diet will result in many crippled birds and many deaths by heart attack. They require large amounts of vits/mins not found in plain corn. Most starters lack enough vits/mins for Cornish X--if available buy broiler feed--if not use a 22% to 28% protein chick or game bird starters until you butcher. Feed 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off with vit/min fortified water 24 hrs per day.

9. Sam208

Jun 3, 2009
    I have them all on flocker raiser it all i can get around here.

I just had the frist one for dinner today and it the best chicken i have ever had.

sam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by