Feeding peafowl (Help please)

DragonClaw01

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 25, 2013
(I thought I posted this before, guess it didn't go through)

I've got three peafowl, two peacocks and a peahen.

I'm still new to peafowl and these are our first (out of a dozen, talk about a learning curve :*( )

They'll be 6 months old next week.

I'm still feeding them gamebird starter/grower

http://www.lonestarfeed.com/pdffiles/1270.pdf is the specs on that food

28% protein, etc

How long should they be on it? What should I switch them to later and when? I buy my feed from a Lone Star Feed warehouse thing. They have pretty good prices.

11.45 for 50 lbs of layer pellets, carry just about everything I need.

(I thought I posted this before, guess it didn't go through)

I've got three peafowl, two peacocks and a peahen.

I'm still new to peafowl and these are our first (out of a dozen, talk about a learning curve :*( )

They'll be 6 months old next week.

I'm still feeding them gamebird starter/grower

http://www.lonestarfeed.com/pdffiles/1270.pdf is the specs on that food

28% protein, etc

How long should they be on it? What should I switch them to later and when? I buy my feed from a Lone Star Feed warehouse thing. They have pretty good prices.

11.45 for 50 lbs of layer pellets, carry just about everything I need.
My feed plans have the chicks on a 28% medicated game bird starter for 2 months and then I move them to 22% meat bird feed. Once moved to that they remain on it for life. Some suggest during the winter an 18% and then during breeding season when breeding have them on at least 20% protein. I keep mine on a 22% protein all year long. Just don't go below 18% protein and no more than 30% which is still high for an adult but some people have a 30% mixed with a 16% to balance it out since their local feed stores don't have the 20% range.

What about Turkeys? My tom is about 14 lbs and the hen is less. They're all about the same age

Back
Top Bottom