feeding quail

UNmedicated Gamebird feed. hatch to 8 weeks: 28% protein . From 9 weeks on :slightly lower protein of around 20-22%
they can have fresh greens,fruits,and vegetables as a supplement to their diets. And as special occasional treats they can be given mealworms and scrambled eggs .
NO avacado, apple seeds,breads,human "junkfoods".

Quote:
forgot to mention a couple things...along with the 20-22% protein feed ,add Finch seed. Generally a mix of 1/2 seed to 1/2 feed. AND be sure she always has access to ground oyster shell or cuttlebone for calcium .

Quote:
forgot to mention a couple things...along with the 20-22% protein feed ,add Finch seed. Generally a mix of 1/2 seed to 1/2 feed. AND be sure she always has access to ground oyster shell or cuttlebone for calcium .

ok thank u ill do that

I was told from this forum Game Bird Starter 28 % start to finish. I feed 28% GBS crumbles & I'm not gonna change nope no way. My birds love it & their fat & happy.

Quote:
GBS "from hatch to dispatch" as they say is good if you are raising them for meat . My understanding is that they live MUCH longer ( Unless they are sent of to freezer camp of course) if they get a lower (20-22%)protein after 8 weeks of age...with a diet as i described.
This is the diet that a person who is VERY knowledgable and educated about quail has recommended to me for my Coturnix.

Quote:
GBS "from hatch to dispatch" as they say is good if you are raising them for meat . My understanding is that they live MUCH longer ( Unless they are sent of to freezer camp of course) if they get a lower (20-22%)protein after 8 weeks of age...with a diet as i described.
This is the diet that a person who is VERY knowledgable and educated about quail has recommended to me for my Coturnix.

Dang it!! I wasn't told this now I gotta change. How much longer do they live? I really don't wanna get into mixing feed I got enough on my plate. My birds sure seem healthy & they are fat. They taste good to boot.

Back
Top Bottom