Feeding question

Runnerduck918

Songster
5 Years
Nov 18, 2017
Hi!!
I have 4 runner ducks! And they are little laying machines!! I have them on organic layer crumbles the question I have is how much feed should the get...I give them it in the morning and small amount before I coop them...
Thanks

Tracey

Appropriate feed for ducks is what we can get which can be layer or an all flock or duck finisher or layer just depends on what part of the world we are in. I'd say a great majority of us know Ducks are not Chickens. :)

X2

*Ducklings* have higher Niacin needs than chicks, but that's only up to 10-12 weeks of age... after that point, ducks are just fine with feed formulated for chickens... and actively laying ducks do quite well on a regular layer feed...

I also freed feed my ducks, they're Calls... *most* ducks won't overeat and regulate themselves quite well... :)

I too free feed my ducks and never have an issue with them overeating. I go the route of feeding them a chick starter with oyster shell on the side so that the drakes aren't eating calcium they don't need and the ones that are laying can still get the calcium that they need from the oyster shell. They don't overeat and they aren't overweight :)

Mine get a big scoop in the morning and a big scoop in the evening. They free range and hang by the pond the rest of the day.

Hi!!
I have 4 runner ducks! And they are little laying machines!! I have them on organic layer crumbles the question I have is how much feed should the get...I give them it in the morning and small amount before I coop them...
Thanks

Tracey
Give them as much as they will eat in a day.

Back
Top Bottom