Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
When i plant seed, i cover it with bedding from the goat barn. Then birds don't see the seed.
Interesting, never saw a partly white starling.
Phoebe keeps checking out nest sites, but so far no male has appeared. Saw a partially white starling at the end of the beagle club lane - back was white from bottom of neck to base of tail. Male robin is busy feeding 3 fledglings on my lawn - hunting spots where I am irrigating plants and grass seed.

Ceramic bird house i built.
20230504_183728.jpg

I finally used Google lens to identify the family that is nesting on my front shutter. They are easter phones. Mom and dad have been patrolling outside of the nest a lot today. I'm not sure why. Mom just settled back on the nest again though.
I think that you mean Eastern Phoebes? Two possibilities - their young are ready to leave the nest or the nest has become infested with mites. Phoebes seem to be susceptible to them.

I think that you mean Eastern Phoebes? Two possibilities - their young are ready to leave the nest or the nest has become infested with mites. Phoebes seem to be susceptible to them.

Yes, dang auto correct. If there's mites, is there anything I can do for them that won't hurt them? I haven't seen or heard the babies yet so I'm not sure if they have any yet.

Yes, dang auto correct. If there's mites, is there anything I can do for them that won't hurt them? I haven't seen or heard the babies yet so I'm not sure if they have any yet.
I've treated birds nest with Permethrin after the young have fledged, but never prior to that.

Back
Top Bottom