Feeding your chickens apples

The ripe ones are easier for them to tear apart. I'll give over ripe or bruised apples and the girls love them

Stan stares down a seed. He didn't eat it so I'm wondering if chickens have innate knowledge about such things.

I am doing a science fair project and my question is how food affects there growth. I was wondering what kind of simple house can I make? I also have an apple tree in my yard and I want to feed them Apples can I? I will read more of what you said.
smile.png

I've fed chickens apples, although I've been warned the seeds are poisonous.

Yeah apples are good for them and all that. I think the chances of the seeds poisoning them are similar to humans. I.e if you ate a cup full of them haha. I just don't know whether to give mine these ones as they aren't fully ripe yet?

Thanks alot :) do you think it would taste a bit bitter for them as it would for us? I mean I have no problem with chopping it up for them. Just money is a bit tight at the moment so I'm trying to mix it up the best I can

I've done it all summer, they love them! They eat the apples off the ground, and even some with brown on them. They know what they can eat and leave the rest.

Back
Top Bottom