Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
no, I'm simply saying that I've not seen anyone is actually talking data, comparing feed or sending it off for analysis in their posts? I'm not in the US so I'm watching this from the outside and it all seems to be spreading very similarly to other misinformation that runs rampant on many places online. There are folks here on BYC doing a spreadsheet analysis, and I think that's a good place to start. If there are actual issues in the food - why are people not doing more to talk to the companies? It seems wild that a feed company would intentionally make people's chickens not lay, so perhaps it's a batch error or they've messed something up. bUt again, we don't know until it's sent off for crude analysis.
yeah, cause people here are the time, money, and resources to be sending chicken feed off to labs to have the content analyzed. We're regular people, on a chicken hobbyist forum, in the "hey guys, are you seeing this happen too?" phase of a potential story. It's an unreasonable expectation of have of us.

yeah, cause people here are the time, money, and resources to be sending chicken feed off to labs to have the content analyzed. We're regular people, on a chicken hobbyist forum, in the "hey guys, are you seeing this happen too?" phase of a potential story. It's an unreasonable expectation of have of us.
why not?
I know horse people who have their hay analyzed quite regularly.
In lieu of that, I knew of a woman who kept samples of her feed (for goats) every time she bought a new batch.
As it turned out, she sadly needed it when a feed mill screwed up her order and her flock died off due to the mistake.
it is more effective than collecting anecdotal information with an unknown number of variables.

I have the time, money, and resources to send feed to labs. I'll do it, and let you know what happens.

Ok. There are several labs in my state. I guess I'll just order an analysis of ingredients, yes? I'll even go out and buy some Producer's Pride. That's the feed we're all up in arms about, right?
It's just too bad that those who don't have a problem have to do the work for those that speak the loudest about a problem they think they have but won't do anything fact based to prove it or solve it. I know when things aren't working for me, or I have a problem with something I do everything possible to solve it not just yell at my neighbor about it.

It's just too bad that those who don't have a problem have to do the work for those that speak the loudest about a problem they think they have but won't do anything fact based to prove it or solve it. I know when things aren't working for me, or I have a problem with something I do everything possible to solve it not just yell at my neighbor about it.
So well said. Who knows?

I'll tell you what, Thots and Carla, you can pick the lab.
Screenshot_20230129-184548-657.png

@CarlaCo
@8shotsmorethots

Which one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom