Female duck not laying. Really concerned!!

favred120

Hatching
Mar 13, 2016
Hi, new to the backyard chickens community but I have been reading post for a while. My story is that I am a first time duck owner and have 2 female Peckin duck about 6 months now. They are from the same brood. The problem is only one is laying eggs and the other isn't. I have looked everywhere cause I know they are prone to hiding them but I don't see anything. I wouldn't be as concerned but they were born the same time so I figured they should start at the same. Is this something I should be concerned with?

welcome-byc.gif

You can check in with the duck forum members and see if they think you should be concerned. Is she eating and pooping ok? Is she showing any signs of illness? I know with some of my chickens, even if they are the same breed, don't all start laying at the same time.

I hope all is well, thanks for joining us.

Birds don't all mature at the same time even within the same breed. I'd cut her some slack. Is she acting healthy otherwise, good appetite, activity level, poo . You could also post on the "duck thread," if you are concerned she may be unwell.

Birds don't all mature at the same time even within the same breed.  I'd cut her some slack.  Is she acting healthy otherwise, good appetite, activity level,  poo .  You could also post on the "duck thread," if you are concerned she may be unwell.

Yea she is healthy otherwise, but I did post in tbe duck thread and someone did help me out. Thank you
1f601.png

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom