Female duck recently died in barn

Sarahxamelia

In the Brooder
Dec 26, 2016
I had a female duck that died today :( i have a small barn house thing where i have other ducks this morning i let them out into the yard and when I opened the door i saw her laying there. She wasn't sick or old. My dad thinks one of the male ducks stepped on her or picked herand she died. There are 4 males and 3 females. Could that be how she died. What I'd am animal for in somehow. It looks like her neck is broken? I took pictures because u want to know how she died to get Closure

I had a female duck that died today :( i have a small barn house thing where i have other ducks this morning i let them out into the yard and when I opened the door i saw her laying there. She wasn't sick or old. My dad thinks one of the male ducks stepped on her or picked herand she died. There are 4 males and 3 females. Could that be how she died. What I'd am animal for in somehow. It looks like her neck is broken? I took pictures because u want to know how she died to get Closure
Possibly the Drakes ganged up on her ..You have too many Drakes. Sorry that happened.

Possibly the Drakes ganged up on her ..You have too many Drakes. Sorry that happened.
Thanks.
Here are the pictures. It also looks like something happened to one of her eyes.

Attachments

• 20181103_132439.jpg
    20181103_132439.jpg
    695.9 KB · Views: 20
Im not sure if you can see but there is a little bit of blood. The other side of her face looks normal.

Looks like a predator maybe? Did you look for any ways something small could have gotten in like mink or weasel? All the other ducks acting normal?

Looks like a predator maybe? Did you look for any ways something small could have gotten in like mink or weasel? All the other ducks acting normal?
I don't think there are any minks or weasels where I live. I've never seen one before. I have seen rodents but this is the first time this has ever happened. And that's the other thing all the other ducks are acting normal. I thought maybe it was a snake but i didn't see anything. And i really don't think the males would causethis much damage it has too be another creature.

That is why you need to go over every inch of your shelter you keep them in. Are you in the USA weasels are all over along with mink and they can get through a 1"opening. Not sure why it didn't kill or injure the others but it is either a predator or your ducks ganged up on her.

Back
Top Bottom