Female Muscovy with injured leg

She has been lame for 2 days. Still eating and hoping around. She is not a pet so handling her would take some work😊. Any thoughts on if this leg is sprained or broken? She does have a male partner so wondering if he just got too rough with her.

Attachments

• AF73EBBF-9AFF-4C15-9FAC-09A738B76512.jpeg
    AF73EBBF-9AFF-4C15-9FAC-09A738B76512.jpeg
    791.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 609047C0-25DF-453F-A686-5E5C21403B40.jpeg
    609047C0-25DF-453F-A686-5E5C21403B40.jpeg
    540.5 KB · Views: 4
It may be broke. Hard to say for sure without getting a hold of her, which probably isn't the best idea. Even a tame muscovy can put up quite a fight. A wild one would be impossible. She looks well fed. I'd keep an eye on her and see how it goes. Not much you can do unless you have a vet you could get her to, and than she'd have to stay confined and quiet while healing. Best just to leave her be.

It may be broke. Hard to say for sure without getting a hold of her, which probably isn't the best idea. Even a tame muscovy can put up quite a fight. A wild one would be impossible. She looks well fed. I'd keep an eye on her and see how it goes. Not much you can do unless you have a vet you could get her to, and than she'd have to stay confined and quiet while healing. Best just to leave her be.
Thank you! Just hearing that makes me feel better! I don’t want to cause her any undo stress. She seems content and we had a few others that have had issues and they cleared up. Honestly the thought of catching her terrifies me 😂. Thank you for responding so fast and giving me some peace.

Hi, it seems like you got help for her in another thread. Hope she's doing well!
Thank you! She is still the same today but I will keep checking on her. Do you know if a broken leg will heal on its own with time or could this possibly be the end for her?

Back
Top Bottom