Female quail screaming w/ head out of cage.. WTF?

I didn't feed the adults the right food for their first three weeks, could that have contributed to their weight?
they are sexually mature much earlier than I would call them adults. i know this thread is like 2 months old but by 10 weeks you would have wanted them on adult food maybe 2 weeks. mostly because they would get morbidly obese and calcium deficient if they lived on chick feed all the time so if anything it made them larger assuming you were feeding something like purina. if by wrong you mean like just the wrong food like grass and seeds only then yer that definitely affects it.

they are sexually mature much earlier than I would call them adults. i know this thread is like 2 months old but by 10 weeks you would have wanted them on adult food maybe 2 weeks. mostly because they would get morbidly obese and calcium deficient if they lived on chick feed all the time so if anything it made them larger assuming you were feeding something like purina. if by wrong you mean like just the wrong food like grass and seeds only then yer that definitely affects it.
What do you use for your adults? Im still trying to find some close to me I have some that are around 20 weeks old give or take that I still feed the starter since I haven’t found any adult food yet but they have not gained any weight in 2 months they are given calcium on the side but I know the longer they go on the chick food the more problems I get. I’ve seen some people use chicken layer is that good?

What do you use for your adults? Im still trying to find some close to me I have some that are around 20 weeks old give or take that I still feed the starter since I haven’t found any adult food yet but they have not gained any weight in 2 months they are given calcium on the side but I know the longer they go on the chick food the more problems I get. I’ve seen some people use chicken layer is that good?
My adult quail have zero issues eating chicken layer crumbled feed.

Ok thank you I will try finding it when I’m able to get to the feed store next. I know even without gaining weight they can get fatty liver and organ problems so I’ve been trying to find some other food.
yea the chicken layer feed and just make sure you are giving them high value treats like sprouts and such. Not larvae though.

Back
Top Bottom