Female v Female Agression Ducks

I had to separate sugar from the other four and put her with speedy, beedee, and i... she was jumping sodapop and ripped out a big feather causing her to bleed. After spending two nights with us, she calmed down and speedy doesnt take her crap, so shes back in order...

I still have to keep beedee separate for awhile though - when it's just the 3 of them it's fine, but put her with everyone and they all gang up on her.

The Pekins grew up with my rooster, Red, and hen, Trixie so I put Henriette in with them last night. I wonder how many nights it will take to settle her down?

And I still have to wonder what brought on this sudden agression? They've been together a month now and nothing like this happened in all that time. The Buff hasn't started laying yet. Maybe it's because she is about to start?

Who knows?

Any book suggestions on ducks that isn't about babies and the first year?

Hormones most likely. They really mess them up. I have had to put my Muscovy females in solitary confinement for going after their sisters. Usually here a few nights alone settles them down till the next time.

Hormones most likely. They really mess them up. I have had to put my Muscovy females in solitary confinement for going after their sisters. Usually here a few nights alone settles them down till the next time.

I can appreciate "hormones".

A few nights away I can manage. I've had other suggestions to "get ride of the bully" but that goes against *my* nature. I don't know enough about their reproductive behaviors to know if they go broody this time of year (August) or just any time or just spring time ... So.

Love all the help from everyone. Again, this is a great forum!

Back
Top Bottom