Fenbendazole 25g, 10% (100mg) horse dewormer paste dosing.

Pics

MysteryChicken

Preserving Gamefowl, 1 Variety At a Time🇮🇳🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
May 31, 2018
Tawas City, Michigan
I have a Malay hen that I suspect may have a worm problem.

What's the proper way of dosing with the paste, & what's the egg withdrawal period? She's not laying currently though.

Her symptoms are sluggishness, weightloss, & messy butt. Still eating, & drinking.

Dosing for that dewormer would be 0.23ml per pound of body weight given orally 5 days in a row to treat most worms expect tapeworm, or given once then repeated in 10 days to treat roundworms only. I would do the 5 day dosing.
Egg withdrawal is 14 days. In my opinion, the eggs are totally fine to eat, up to you though. I know you did say she wasn't laying currently.

Dosing for that dewormer would be 0.23ml per pound of body weight given orally 5 days in a row to treat most worms expect tapeworm, or given once then repeated in 10 days to treat roundworms only. I would do the 5 day dosing.
Egg withdrawal is 14 days. In my opinion, the eggs are totally fine to eat, up to you though. I know you did say she wasn't laying currently.
I'll get her weight tomorrow. Measuring doses is something I struggle with.

How would I measure the mls as it's a paste?

You need to take any needle off the syringe, and pull up a bit of the paste that has been squirted on a saucer or something. A 5 pound chicken would get 1.25 ml if using the 0.25 ml per pound dosage. An easier to use product is SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer, also 10% fenbendazole. Shake the bottle well, and use a syringe to pull up the dose from the bottle.

You need to take any needle off the syringe, and pull up a bit of the paste that has been squirted on a saucer or something. A 5 pound chicken would get 1.25 ml if using the 0.25 ml per pound dosage. An easier to use product is SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer, also 10% fenbendazole. Shake the bottle well, and use a syringe to pull up the dose from the bottle.
All I have is paste, & can't afford to get liquid right now.

I've only got a 6ml syringe. No needle.

Back
Top Bottom