fenbendazole

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by snowflake, Nov 10, 2011.

1. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    had my hen to the vet. confirmation of stongyles and coccidia, cant seem to find liquid Fenbendazole. does any one use the paste on their birds?? If so how much? I thought some one here said they use a pea size under the wing.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Pea sized under the wing? Never!
    The safeguard liquid goat wormer can be purchased from Jefferslivestock.com or call them.
    For cocci, purchase Corid 9.6% oral solution. Dosage is 9.5cc per gallon of water for 5 days. For only one hen, draw from the one gallon mixture and put it in a smaller container for her to drink...or however you wish to do it. Treat for the coccdia first.
    Then worm her with a "pea" size amount of safeguard paste given ORALLY. Redose her again in 10 days, same amount orally.
    There isnt any egg withdrawal with corid. However, there's a 24 day withdrawal start to finish with the safeguard.

3. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    dawg53 THANK YOU,THANK YOU finally found the med the vet wanted me to get an hr. away but worth the drive. the second med I bought from a vet very pricy will check out Jefferslivestock cause I am sure I will need to treat again. I have 26 birds, so I will need to treat all of them. I can't believe how hard it is to find meds for chickens in my area as the vets around her do not treat. had to go an Hr. away to find a vet to see and do a stool sample.
    Quote:Pea sized under the wing? Never!
    The safeguard liquid goat wormer can be purchased from Jefferslivestock.com or call them.
    For cocci, purchase Corid 9.6% oral solution. Dosage is 9.5cc per gallon of water for 5 days. For only one hen, draw from the one gallon mixture and put it in a smaller container for her to drink...or however you wish to do it. Treat for the coccdia first.
    Then worm her with a "pea" size amount of safeguard paste given ORALLY. Redose her again in 10 days, same amount orally.
    There isnt any egg withdrawal with corid. However, there's a 24 day withdrawal start to finish with the safeguard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by