Fence suggestion

I think chicken wire is more expensive than $30, I paid GT of $54 with free shipping to my local WM by Friday.
Also, just ordered 50x150 bird netting to have it covered from the top. $109 e-bay. We don't really have heavy snow falls here in PNW. Will get gate from local HW store, those are around $70 plus posts and such. Long weekend coming - maybe will have it finished by Monday. Driving posts into the ground will be a great exercise. I live on top of what was part of gravel pit, so driving ANYTHING into the ground is PITA.
I paid $4.97 shipping because I didn't want to wait an extra week to get it, but shipping would have been free if I did. As you can see, 3 150' rolls were $33.85 per roll. 101.55 total for 3 rolls.

truck.gif
Shipping to home

Item Qty Price Total

G&B Mat 308496B 48 in x 150' 2 in Mesh Hexagonal Poultry Netting 3 $33.85 $101.55

Arrives by Fri., Feb 13

dotted-line_1.gif
dotted-line_2.gif

See our Return Policy or
contact Customer Service.

Subtotal: $101.55

Shipping: $4.97

Tax: $7.19

Order total: $113.71

Oh, oh, I see now. You have 48 inch one. I have 72 inch one.
gig.gif
Hence the price diff.
Happy fencing.

Like they say - do not count chicken until....

Walmart sent me nice "it's backordered" email with "no telling when" innuendo to it. I cancelled and bought same roll off ebay. $40 more but in stock

Being a bird raiser of over 15 breeds of chickens and wild game like turkey, chukar, pheasants and ducks....the best way is to cover your crop with row cover or fence the garden using 6 foot chicken wire cost about $129 for a 150' roll.

The point being these birds will all fly in one way or another and will have to be thrown out if they get in so a roof of wire will possible be needed. Row cover is cheap and very efficient!!

Ok, we are fenced!!
Now need to figure how to suspend bird netting. Must. Witnessed hawk fall down onto a hen off the front yard tree. Luckey her, lost only few feathers. Good part - now my "No Mam" does not prohibit covering run from the top.

Last edited:
I can only fit 2 posts. Drain field in the back where swing is.
That's what I figured
Dale's has those wooden posts for 2.57 each and then I can screw in some loops and run tensing cables
Coop will work as another high point and I'll fix something to the swing
Be awright wife only 5 1. I'm 6 4 though

Bird netting phase one done.

We got net over entire run basically.
It's not fully fixed yet. I'll do it tomorrow. I'll also add another arc in the middle, where there are 2 vertical posts. Shouldn't have listened to my son.
That is a strange net. It really narrows down on both ends. But I have plenty left. Will zip tyie or something everything and cut the rest off for future use.
Will post finished pic.

Ok, we are done done.
Right on time, about 2 hrs before finished, they got nervous, looked up - there's Mr Predator circling up in the sky above the property.
I'm curious if THEY can actually see the netting. It's quite transparent.

All I have left is to drive some pipes into the ground to secure posts in place. They do lean in from netting tension. Have fence posts secured to the trees on the outside, that's taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom