Fencing project for my goats. My biggest project yet

Got the metal posts done on the sides and the electric outlets raised out of their reach. Today it will be tensioning the wire and covering the floor. Trying everything in my power to have them in before Monday afternoon. Hopefully morning. My pig broke the wall to their existing shelter and winter is gonna hit hard next week Want me babies to be dry and happy.

Can't wait to start on their play areas!!!! That's the fun part! At least that can be done while their here.
I had their last shelter floor covered in thick roofing rubber but I can't seem to find any at the store now that is it peel and stick. Stall mats are way way too pricey and The 4 x 8 ones are a little too heavy to be dragging out to spray down when needed. Any ideas on what else I could use?

Can't wait to start on their play areas!!!! That's the fun part! At least that can be done while their here.
I had their last shelter floor covered in thick roofing rubber but I can't seem to find any at the store now that is it peel and stick. Stall mats are way way too pricey and The 4 x 8 ones are a little too heavy to be dragging out to spray down when needed. Any ideas on what else I could use?
Possibly that rubber runner matting that comes on a roll at the hardware stores would work?

I keep trying to find things of that nature and I'm having the hardest time. I bought a couple of foam mats I can at least put over the holes for now. Because the only time I have a trailer is tomorrow. So got all of the fence stretched today and the struts put in. The struts look like absolute crap but they can be fixed after I get them in there Because it's secure. I just need to cut a new door in the shelter and block the breaker box and it's there's

I keep trying to find things of that nature and I'm having the hardest time. I bought a couple of foam mats I can at least put over the holes for now. Because the only time I have a trailer is tomorrow. So got all of the fence stretched today and the struts put in. The struts look like absolute crap but they can be fixed after I get them in there Because it's secure. I just need to cut a new door in the shelter and block the breaker box and it's there's
Sounds exciting I hope you post pictures..:frow

Yesterday was the big move. The seemed curious but kinda freaked. Especially at bed time. Goats are totally skiddish but once they get used to things they'll be happy. I was only able to get about half of the fencing done with the timeframe I had but the other half she go up next weekend so I can bring my pigs over. Part of the other half will be for them. They used to all get along to Lucy had her babies

When I got them in the trailer they were not thrilled with being closed up together but once it started moving everybody just stopped and laid down for the ride. Three of mine were born and raised at my other property and have never left and Lucy has been at my old property for about five years so she probably doesn't remember moving. I guess with this cold rain coming in this morning they'll have time to get used to the shelter and probably really appreciate it. Glad I went out there at 8 PM to patch the leak last night

Last edited:
IMG_3932.JPG
IMG_3936.JPG

I need to redo the struts on the sides I had to get them up quick. Just got to make them angled and look nicer. But they're doing their job for now. This is at the end of Sunday when we finished

Back
Top Bottom