FERAL CAT EATING ALL THE EGGS, HOw STOP HER?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featherland26

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 19, 2011
England
I have a feral cat that pratically lives with the chickens, she sits with them all day and rests under a shed next to the chickens coop, she is friendly to the chickens and batams. But she is sooooo annoying! She does'nt sit with the chickens as friends I think she's expecting eggs to pop out of them, because she eats ALL the EGGS in the chcikens coop! And I don't KNOW HOW TO STOOOP HER!!!???

barnie.gif
barnie.gif
:barnie
he.gif

Sprinkle cayenne pepper all around the straw? That's how I keep cats from pooping in my garden. They hate it, and the most it'll do to your chickens is make them sneeze.

Set a live trap with some cat food (or eggs even if she really likes them that much) trap her, then take her to the pound.

Last edited:
You might not like it, but I'd shoot it if my dogs didn't get it first. If you can't bring yourself to then trap it and call or an animal control pickup where it will probably be euthanized by them. Just my opinion.

If you want the cat feed it well.Bring it in the house.Put pepper on the eggs. If you don't want it you take it to the AC or euthanise it.

It's a cat guys... not a raccoon or oppossum or bear or anything like that.

There's no need to get out your gun, set a live trap and let AC take care of it.

Last edited:
Quote:
Feral cats can be vicious and carry diseases and parasites. Some of us would rather shoot something like that than risk an animal bite or infecting our other animals.

ETA: Some of us live in very rural areas where animal control is a joke or nonexistent (like me). For those like me, dispatching wild animals, be them cats, dogs (wild dogs are a very big problem here), coyotes, raccoons or whatever, the problem is ours.

Last edited:
Adopt her and feed her cat food?
smile.png

Or find her a great home where they will do same
smile.png

I've had ferals fall madly in love with my birds and I swear they dedicated themselves to protecting them. I fed (and spayed/neutered) them and they never touched an egg.
JJ

Back
Top Bottom