Feral chicken thread!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chicken farmer, Nov 9, 2013.

1. chicken farmer

chicken farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern,Ohio
    This is a thread about feral(wild) chickens post pictures,stories and stuff about feral chickens

2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    I hadnt realised there was such a thing. Do you have a lot of problems with feral chickens in the US?

We have feral pigs, goats and deer along with the dreaded feral cats but never heard of a feral chicken :)

3. Old Rando

Old Rando Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    appps, There are feral chickens in the US in some locations. There are several areas in Hawaii with feral chicken populations, both Key West Florida and Fitzgerald Georgia have feral populations that are celebrated (sometimes and by some) in those communities. Some small communities in Florida have some as well as the large cities of Miami and New Orleans Louisiana. I have also read of a group of feral chickens surviving near an off ramp of a highway in southern California.

Their status as a problem depends on the individuals perspective. If you look at you tube and search for feral chickens you can find many videos of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by