Feral rooster?

RowanWildBlood

Hatching
Jan 15, 2024
I have a rooster (I think it is a he because he crows in the morning and sometimes at night) that arrived in my backyard. I have no idea where he came from. I've looked at pictures and I believe he is a feral rooster? Help? TIA!

Attachments

• 1705352183488.png
    1705352183488.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 54
He looks like an escapee to me, not completely feral. I'm guessing he's an Easter egger, but difficult to say for sure from the back view.
Thank you for any and all help! I'm clueless. This shows his coloring better. He's hard to get pics of. I don't know where he came from. Roosters are apparently illegal within city limits.
1705354291997.png

He might’ve been dumped, sadly.
Oh really?! Thank you, that never occurred to me. Well, he's happy out there now, which warms my heart. It is very cold here this week but he seems to be holding his own. I'm enjoying his little scritch scratching around and little noises. I figure he can just cluck around out there and if I get any complaints, I'll explain he just appeared. I have local authority friends who could probably help me find a farm for him. I just want him happy and safe!

Oh really?! Thank you, that never occurred to me. Well, he's happy out there now, which warms my heart. It is very cold here this week but he seems to be holding his own. I'm enjoying his little scritch scratching around and little noises. I figure he can just cluck around out there and if I get any complaints, I'll explain he just appeared. I have local authority friends who could probably help me find a farm for him. I just want him happy and safe!
Yeah, it’s pretty common, unfortunately especially if roosters aren’t allowed where you are. He looks young too. Someone probably accidentally got a rooster and then dumped him. I would try to find a farm or something for him if you can.

Yeah, it’s pretty common, unfortunately especially if roosters aren’t allowed where you are. He looks young too. Someone probably accidentally got a rooster and then dumped him. I would try to find a farm or something for him if you can.
Wow, thank you! I had no idea. I'll see if I can get some help getting him re-homed. I really appreciate the words of wisdom. I am way out of my league here. Anything furry and feral and I'm fine. Not so much with this little guy. Thanks so much!

Wow, thank you! I had no idea. I'll see if I can get some help getting him re-homed. I really appreciate the words of wisdom. I am way out of my league here. Anything furry and feral and I'm fine. Not so much with this little guy. Thanks so much!
No problem! Happy to help! Good luck with him

Back
Top Bottom