Rooster breed

Mar 30, 2024
I have a black and red rooster with a strawberry crop at least I believe it's a strawberry crop. He looks very average very normal for a rooster. I just don't know what breed he is. He was giving to me about half a year ago.

Attachments

• 1711831161754230583369709219446.jpg
    1711831161754230583369709219446.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
More than likely he's a mix. He looks a little to small to be a rosecomb RIR, and the comb isn't correct for that breed either.

I have a bantam that came with my large rooster and I have no idea what he is either. See I answered a post about a half a year ago. Someone was getting rid of three roosters and I could only take two of them and they didn't have much information about the roosters

Attachments

• 17118323925938418241821224778661.jpg
    17118323925938418241821224778661.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 7
Lol it's got to be me, but all my roosters but 1 that had a missing eye and was a very old rescue have been super aggressive to my dogs and to me, but never my husband who stands about a foot taller than me. The little guy is a butthead! We received him about half a year ago with the older rooster who was with another bantam and only had two small bantam females. We put the older rooster with five hens and we don't have any small hens for our bantam yet but we let them roam the yard all together and we've never had a problem except for the aggression towards myself and my dogs. Do you think the aggression will slow down with more hens?

I have a bantam that came with my large rooster and I have no idea what he is either. See I answered a post about a half a year ago. Someone was getting rid of three roosters and I could only take two of them and they didn't have much information about the roosters
This little guy looks like a Sebright with an improper single comb.

I would agree with the guess of your bigger one being a RIR crossed with an Easter Egger.

This little guy looks like a Sebright with an improper single comb.

I would agree with the guess of your bigger one being a RIR crossed with an Easter Egger.
I'm so happy to know that! He's been breeding with one of my Easter eggers, I have 10 faverolles eggs I ordered and two eggs from my white Easter egger, I'm about to incubate in like 5 minutes! I wanted more Easter eggers this year. So that's helpful

As far as getting less aggressive with more hens….doubtful. He’s protecting his girls and whether it’s one or twenty he’s going to be protecting his girls in his little pea brain. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom