Fermented Feed Feeder for small flock

NewChickmom2016

Songster
5 Years
May 25, 2016
Hello!
I am a new chick mom- with 4, hopefully all pullets. I have been using fermented feed since they were almost 2 weeks old. They love it!
My question is- what does everyone use for a feeder for a small flock? I would like to figure that out before we move them out to the coop.
thanks for any suggestions, and especially any pictures!!!
-Jerie

Thank you!
Do you think 2 quart will be the right size for 4 (maybe 3- looking like one might be a roo...) hens?

Yes. I think I used that size for about 6 or 7 birds. You'll have to play it by ear to see how much they eat every day.

I wouldn't go with the large one even if you have more chickens. They tend to want to stand in it to eat.

Last edited:
Mosey 2003-
That is great! Keeps the feed off the ground, a bit more difficult to "walk" through.
thank you!
-Jerie

They jump on it a little bit. I've come out twice to find it tilted to one side, but it's deep enough the feed doesn't come out. They really like sitting up on the blocks, too. I'm pretty happy with it, and for $3 you get a 10 foot piece of gutter, which can make quite a few of these if you want smaller ones. The endcaps are $6 a pair, which is a little steep, but a 3' galvanized feeder is $19, so...

Back
Top Bottom