Carcinogenic substances can come from any type of plastic. Food grade is better. Those that ignore health concerns and scientific studies because, anecdotally, they haven't been harmed yet, do so at their own peril. That mentality reminds me of how people look at the difference between occupational injury and occupational disease. If one falls from a ladder or is crushed in a machine and either breaks a bone or is killed, that's occupational injury. It is immediate and obvious. If one inhales asbestos or MEKs or absorbs PCBs through their skin, there is no immediate harm unless it is severe exposure. Harm might be 20 years down the road but that person is just as dead. Because the injury isn't immediate, it is normally ignored. I was an industrial electrician. We often worked in hazardous environments and I always took precautions. I was wiring a motor room in a paint kitchen where the solvent smell would knock you down. I wouldn't work in there until I had the appropriate breathing apparatus. My co-worker was mad at me for wearing it and he couldn't hear me when I spoke so he yelled at me to take it off. I told him to go to h*!l.