FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Cool!!!! Thanks!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Cool!!!! Thanks!!!!
thumbsup.gif
It was a ways back, but I wanted to respond regarding swimming after eating...

I am glad your BIL didn't drowned!

I have never experienced or heard anything like that before and do realize that all our bodies are different and have different tolerances and abilities. As well as different eating habits and activity levels after eating. So I guess it's kinda like the whole feed thing... everyone must use their best judgement.

Speaking of feed.... you are correct, wild birds don't up their protein intake during winter, until hatching.... example, the humming birds who feed on nectar almost exclusively load up on flies under my patio during baby season! Of course most of that is probably going to the babies... but still an interesting food for thought!

You say your birds are less active during the winter, and that makes sense as I know many years I put weight on from being less active as well. Our winters here are very mild so I don't see less activity, except for less hours because of the daylight. But they aren't out eating those extra hours either.

I also run ad blockers, some are better than others.

Quote: I use the Epic browser program. It's a Chromium based browser program, but it blocks the ads as default yet still allows the fluff that the web page designer put there. It also blocks cookies, especially tracking cookies, which BYC is packed with. Seriously, I tested this one day and the home page alone dumped over a hundred of them onto my computer. Imagine, over a hundred little mini-programs all trying to use your processor, remembering what pages you visit, and then sending that info back to their sources. All at the same time!

The downside is I have to sign back in if I shut down the browser, but the browser itself can remember the user name and password for the site.

How do you feed the fermented grain in the winter? Today's high here is 27 degrees. I can't see them eating a frozen block of feed.

I warm mine for my six birds in the morning about a minute in the microwave and it is gone in 15 minutes. Not sure if that warming kills anything good but I add fermented alfalfa which is not warmed...so they get some of the good ferment regardless. And yes the FF is in the house where it does not get frozen...

Back
Top Bottom