Fermented Feeds

Fermenting does save alot on feed and the chickens love it. Decided for the winter to keep it inside and limit to what is used in a day or two. Just too smelly after that point. I like that in the winter it will have a high moisture content and will help the chickens get some extra water into them.

ok so I love ff but it is not practical for me I do not have the time and resources for it but mostly everyday I mix my dry feed and add calf mana soaked in watered down acv I know it does not ferment but do yall think I am wasting my time doing this?

ok so I love ff but it is not practical for me I do not have the time and resources for it but mostly everyday I mix my dry feed and add calf mana soaked in watered down acv I know it does not ferment but do yall think I am wasting my time doing this?

If you mix dry feed and add stuff your doing more than i do feeding ff

I have 1 bucket, i dump more feed/water when required to keep it about the right level and 1 ladle, its so easy.

Answering your Q, it Doesn't sound like your wasting your time, soaking does good stuff and the acv is always good. But just use a small amount of acv , I'm not sure what you mean by "watered down" acv... Should be water with a cap full of acv, thats what it though anyway.

Good luck

I have 1 bucket, i dump more feed/water when required to keep it about the right level and 1 ladle, its so easy.

Answering your Q, it Doesn't sound like your wasting your time, soaking does good stuff and the acv is always good. But just use a small amount of acv , I'm not sure what you mean by "watered down" acv... Should be water with a cap full of acv, thats what it though anyway.

Good luck

The thing that I have problems getting to is the stirring...I am away from home 10 - 12 hours a day and cannot stir it 3 or 4 times a day, lol

RoosterLew, don't worry about the stirring. I'm also away from home all day and can't stir throughout the day. 1x a day when I'm dishing it out has been fine.

I also use regular hose water, and I still have a fine FF brew going. I started FF because I was already wetting down their dry, dusty feed every morning, so FF has saved time (one scoop, instead of scoop, pour, acv dollop, mix, mix, mix).

Last edited:
The thing that I have problems getting to is the stirring...I am away from home 10 - 12 hours a day and cannot stir it 3 or 4 times a day, lol
I don't stir mine 3-4 times a day. I only stir mine once and that is when I dip their food out for the evening I give it a good stir and that's it. It's much better for them than the dry food. The wet food isn't fermented unless it sits for a few days to ferment so just wet food isn't as good as ff is.
smile.png

Good luck

Good luck

thanks

Back
Top Bottom