Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

Okay, I've formulated my short and long term plans for fermented feed. I just have to wash out a bucket and pull the trigger.

I could sure use some more airtight buckets for storing dry feed.

Now I just have to decide which method of keeping water warm I want to use. I'm torn between the heated dog water bowl and the light bulb in the cinder block. Decisions, decisions.

I could sure use some more airtight buckets for storing dry feed.
I found some heavy duty totes at walmart (black lids/yellow bottoms) that I store my extra grains in. they stack nicely. They have kept the critters out. This year I found stackable ones that have hinged lids that you can access after they are stacked. So far so good on no critters inside them either

Over-complicating things is the way of my people.

I think last time I was adding more feed to the bucket every time I dished some out.
And I think I had some kind of bucket-rotating dance I was involved in.
And instead of a hand scoop, I had the feed dispensed by a 23-stage Rube Goldberg machine. The up side to that is every now and again I'd capture a road runner in it while the chickens were eating.
And my coop is in the center of one of those giant hedge mazes, and there are goblins in the maze, and I have to cross the Bog of Eternal Stench to get to the center.

But other than that, it's dead simple.

So, you only feed yours once per day? About how much FF per bird?
Cheetah, are you a shape shifter? Your area sounds a little spooky. (I guess you know what I read. )
lau.gif

I don't know how old this material is or when it was posted but how do you get a gallon of vinegar out of a can of concentrated frozen apple juice & a shot of vinegar. Can anyone give exact amounts to make vinegar & fermenated feed & can this be fed to all chickens & chicks? Thank you:)

I don't know how old this material is or when it was posted but how do you get a gallon of vinegar out of a can of concentrated frozen apple juice & a shot of vinegar. Can anyone give exact amounts to make vinegar & fermenated feed & can this be fed to all chickens & chicks? Thank you:)

If I were trying to make more vinegar, I'd look around on google; I'm sure there are a ton of recipes.

There is no exact formula I've ever seen for fermented feed. You just put feed in a bucket, add water to get the consistency you want, stir it now and then, and feed it to the chickens. Everything else is automagic.

Back
Top Bottom